Matters needing attention in the application of foam tape
The effect of imposition depends on each process in the imposition process. The correct use of imposition foam tape can improve the printing quality.
1. The temperature has a great influence on the use of the mounting tape. All operations should be performed at room temperature to avoid affecting viscosity due to temperature.
2. The surfaces of the plates and rollers should be kept clean before mounting. Dirt, rust, ink and other dirt will damage the adhesive force of the tape, resulting in poor adhesion and warping. Plates and rollers should be cleaned with a high concentration of alcohol. Other chemical solvents may damage the plates or sleeves.
3. When mounting, the area of the mounting tape should be larger than the area of the plate, so the margin of the tape should be larger than the margin of the plate, which can greatly reduce the risk of warping.
4. When mounting, avoid the interface of the plate and the interface of the tape. If the interface of the plate is facing the interface of the tape, it is easy to cause the printing plate at the interface to be stuck, warped, and the plate falling off.
5. Do not roll the tape directly by hand when applying the tape. Take the double-sided tape to peel off the part of the release paper on one side. Do not open all the release paper immediately. After a part of the tape is fixed, gradually release the release paper. Adhere the tape to the plate cylinder according to the position where the plate is loaded. During the pasting process, because the pressure on the tape is uneven by hand, if the tape is rolled by hand, it is easy to form small bubbles, and it may also damage the fine dots. You can use a softer rubber roller to roll the tape evenly. The method of compaction is to compact from the middle to both sides with a "herringbone" trajectory, so that the air in the middle of the tape can be squeezed out. There is currently a roller with a barbed needle on the market, which is also very effective for removing bubbles.
6. After the printing plate is pasted, in order to avoid the ink and solvent touching the tape and the adhesive on the edge of the plate during printing and cleaning, a circle of sealing tape can be pasted around the plate to avoid warping. The thickness of the sealing tape is preferably thin.
7. When removing the plate, it is suggested that the printing plate be slowly and smoothly removed at an angle of less than 90 ° (the angle between the removed printing plate and the tangent to the surface of the drum), so as to avoid wrinkles or cracks in the plate.
The slower the unloading, the weaker the adhesive force to the tape plate material, and conversely, the faster the stronger the adhesive force. When removing the tape, the method is the same as that of removing the plate.
Flexographic printing is a delicate printing process and many variables need to be controlled. As manufacturers' requirements for label printing quality become higher and higher, the process control of each printing process becomes more and more important. It is hoped that this article's simple discussion on adhesive tape can help you.